The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope
The Fluke 820-2 LED Stroboscope is more than just a tool to measure rotational speed of machinery without physical contact. It is also an excellent diagnostic tool for a wide variety of applications in a vast range of industries. The 820-2 allows clear observation of machinery in motion - all cyclic motion can be slowed or stopped visually in order to note performance, observe dynamic motion, measure speed, or photograph/video the action.
The stroboscope can be used as a strobe tachometer to measure the speed instead of using a laser tachometer. In order to use the stroboscope, you will need access to visibly see the object to measure and it needs to have some marking on it to use as a reference point. A strobe tachometer is a good tool to have because you can't always get access to the machine shaft to stick a piece of reflective tape to use a laser tachometer or make contact with the moving shaft to use a contact tachometer.
Adjustable Flash Duration:
- For most applications standard flash duration works without adjustment.
- For high rpm or larger objects rotating with high surface speed, adjustable flash duration is needed.
- For high speed applications, objects may move during the brief period of a single flash, resulting in a blurred image. By decreasing flash duration, objects have less time to move and the image will appear sharper.
- High intensity 7-LED array-4,800 Lux @ 6,000 FPM/30cm
- High efficiency LED solid-state light source with uniform flash characteristics allow for higher flash rates-30-300,000 FPM (flashes per minute)
- Digital pulse width modulation for exceptionally sharp images at high speeds
- Rugged, durable design utilizes solid-state LEDs with no filaments, gases, hollow cavities, or glass (one meter drop)
- Quartz-accuracy control system provides high accuracy-0.02 % (± 1 digit)
- Multi-line LCD display
- Check the rotating speed of machinery without physical contact or need for reflective tape
- Advance or retard flash timing for viewing gear teeth, cutting surfaces, repeats, or "drifting" equipment
- Simple push button operation with 2x and /2 buttons for easy adjustment
- Rpm measurement and frequency investigation
- Slip measurement
- Belt driven machines - HVAC fans, pumps, etc.
- Roller bearings, shafts, gear teeth or other machine components
- Clutches and cogwheels
- Foundations - resonance vibrations
- Cable or piping wear or damage
- Mixing and dosage processes
Fluke 820-2 Specifications
Click here for complete specifications on the Fluke 820-2
||0 to +45 °C
||-10 to +50 °C
||30 °C, 95 % RH, 5 day
||MIL-PRF-28800F Class 2
||1 m drop
||30 to 300,000 FPM
||5.71 cm x 6.09 cm x 19.05 cm
||0.24 kg (0.53 lb)
What's included with the Fluke 820-2
- Fluke 820-2 Stroboscope
- Protective Case
- External Trigger Connector